Community Kids Haven Carrum Downs (CKHCD) is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care for all children. We believe every child is unique and has distinctive aptitude, ability and talent. Our commitment is to provide the children in our care a creative, stimulating, secure, compassionate and caring environment to unleash their unique potentials and raise them as a valuable contribution to the future society. The opportunity for varied and positive experiences and interactions during a child’s early years provide a solid foundation for their educational journey.
Our quality play based, child initiated program provides endless opportunities for each child to learn and practice progressive exploration and thinking, life skills of interaction, sharing and resolution whilst building self esteem and sense of agency. Children are encouraged to learn independently, explore in their own-ways and make choices of objects and natural materials from their environment. We embrace the concept that young children are swift, imaginative, creative, enthusiastic learners and endeavour to provide them with opportunities to scaffold and direct their own learning.
To ensure the health and overall wellbeing of the children attending our centre menu is based on the Australian Dietary guidelines. Our centre environment provides an opportunity to children to develop new skills safely. Children are encouraged to develop and refine self help skills to promote their independence.
We always emphasize the importance of parent input, participation and involvement into our program. Our team make every effort to establish an open, positive and trusting relationship with the parents. Families are encouraged to make decisions together with the centre and educators to ensure the children are learning to the best of their ability. Sharing meaningful information about their child’s progress helps to create a genuine connection as well as a shared sense of achievement. The centre also works closely with the community to provide opportunities for children to learn about the roles people play in the community.
Educators and Management of CKH endeavour to provide:
- a friendly environment that is safe and inviting for children, families and educators;
- a stimulating program that is accessible to all children and whilst being based on individual strengths also provides challenges to promote their development;
- a working environment that encourages educators to be creative and continue their learning process through professional development and mentoring from other educators.
Our vision for CKH children:
- to develop a passion to learn and discover more about their world through play in an environment that is safe, secure, caring while embracing diversity and individuality;
Our vision for CKH families:
- to feel a belonging to the centre and participate in their child’s learning through program input and collaboration between families and educators ;
Our vision for CKH educators:
- to be part of a team that embraces and promotes each individual members strengths and respects and considers each persons opinions, beliefs and values.